Content means all information published on the Website, which includes, without limitation, text, reports, papers, press releases, data, photos, images, video, audio, documents, charts, diagrams, and presentations. The 21st Century Project also makes some Content available through other electronic means, such as an RSS feed, an application programming interface (API), or tools provided by third parties. These Terms generally apply to Content accessed through those other distribution channels as well.
The 21st Century Project owns the Website and the 21st Century Project or its licensors own the Content. All material and functionality comprising the Website and Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws.
The 21st Century Project grants you a non-exclusive license, subject to the Terms, to use, copy, and distribute Content for your personal or business purposes. You may:
- Access the Content, manually or through an automated process or device, provided your access does not have the effect of disabling, damaging, or interfering with the function of the Website,
- Download, store, and use Content in any format or media,
- Copy and distribute the Content in any format or media, and
- Modify and create derivative works from the Content.
Whenever you use any of the Content, the following conditions apply:
- If Content includes a Website address from which the Content may be obtained without charge, you may not remove that citation from the Content.
- If you modify any of the Content, you must clearly label the modified Content to ensure there is no confusion or ambiguity about the difference between the original Content and the modifications or the source of the modifications. You may not attribute any modifications or derivative works to the 21st Century Project.
- You will avoid modifying the Content or using excerpts of the Content in a manner that distorts or misrepresents the Content as it has been published by the 21st Century Project. You may not modify the title or headline of the Content.
- If you distribute the Content, you must make the Content available with the same permissions, conditions, and restrictions set forth in these Terms. You may not impose more restrictive terms or conditions on the Content.
- You must not state or imply that the 21st Century Project endorses your use, reproduction, or distribution of the Content or any product, service, financial instrument, or material you create or derive using the Content or any excerpt of the Content. The 21st Century Project does not permit the use of its name in advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service, or for any other commercial purpose.
- You are responsible for your use, copying, and distribution of Content, including any errors, modifications, or alterations you introduce, whether intentionally or inadvertently, and for all products, services, financial instruments, and materials you create or derive using the Content or any excerpt of the Content.
User is Solely Responsible for Content Use
As noted in paragraph (7) of the Conditions, each user is responsible for how you use the Content. The 21st Century Project disclaims any responsibility for any use you make of the Website or the Content. The 21st Century Project disclaims all liability to you or to anyone with whom you share the Content or any product, service, financial instrument, or material you create or derive using the Content or any excerpt of the Content.
None of the Content is investment advice. The 21st Century Project does not endorse, promote, or participate in the pricing of any financial instrument or transaction that references any of the Content, including any reference rate data or related materials.
The 21st Century Project may change the Website at any time in its discretion and without prior notice. The 21st Century Project may also withdraw, modify, or amend published Content at any time in its discretion and without prior notice. The 21st Century Project may alter the methods of calculation, publication schedule, rate revision practices or availability of reference rates, certain research reports, and any other Content at any time without prior notice.
Users are responsible for monitoring the Website for any changes, updates, or corrections relevant to Content you choose to use. Users are responsible for determining what steps, if any, you should take to reflect changes, updates, or corrections the 21st Century Project makes to Content in any product, service, financial instrument, or material you create or derive using the Content or any excerpt of the Content.
- You may not use the Website or any Content in a manner that violates any applicable law or regulation or for any fraudulent purpose. You may not impersonate or attempt to impersonate the 21st Century Project or any 21st Century Project employee, including through the use of email addresses associated with them.
- You must avoid using or accessing the Website in a manner that has or could have the effect of disabling, damaging, or interfering with the functioning of the Website or use of the Website by others.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt the Website or any computing device or electronic service the 21st Century Project uses to create, calculate, process, store, transmit, or display any Content, including the Reference Rates. The 21st Century Project monitors the Website and will take appropriate action, including referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized access or use, or attempted access or use, of the Website.
Third Party Content
The 21st Century Project provides links to information outside the Website as additional resources for users. Your use of any material or services you access from a link that takes you out of the Website is subject to the terms offered by the third party that provides the additional resource.
All statements and opinions expressed in any third-party materials displayed on the Website are solely attributable to the third party, who bears all responsibility for that material. The 21st Century Project does not endorse any third-party views expressed in Content, and it does not sponsor, endorse, or recommend any products or services used or referenced in the Website.
Third-party content the 21st Century Project publishes on the Website is owned by another party, and the 21st Century Project may only allow you to view those materials as they appear on the Website. If you want to make any other use of third-party content, you must obtain permission directly from the owner of that content.
User-Submitted Content and Content Licenses
When you submit comments or other material on the Website, your submissions are not confidential. You are solely responsible for your own comments and submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing in a public forum. The 21st Century Project reserves the right to decline to post and to remove comments without prior notice.
Your use of any Website feature for posting comments or submitting material to the 21st Century Project is subject to the following conditions, and by using the Website to post comments or submit material you agree that:
- You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize the 21st Century Project to use all comments and other information you provide through the Website.
- Comments and other information you provide through the Website are not confidential and do not, and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property right, (b) slander, defame, or libel any other person, (c) violate any contractual restrictions or other third party rights, or (d) violate these Terms. You will only submit material that you own or have permission of the owner to submit.
- You will not post comments or submit material contrary to applicable law or regulations.
- Nothing you post to or provide through the Website contains any viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code.
By submitting comments to the Website, you grant the 21st Century Project a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the comments on the Website and otherwise in connection the 21st Century Project’s operations, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Content and derivative works in any format and through any media channels without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You agree that the 21st Century Project may retain server copies of your comments that have been removed or deleted from the Website. All other rights in your comments are reserved to you.
The 21st Century Project is not responsible for any Website user’s misuse or misappropriation of any comments or material you post. The 21st Century Project is also not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or appropriateness of any user’s comments. You may be exposed to comments from a variety of sources, some of which you may find inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users that provide comments.